The following terms and conditions govern the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior 2020 and apply to the participants and their parents or legal guardians.
Jurisdiction and dispute resolution
a. The relationship between Dopper and the participant is governed by Dutch law. If any provisions of mandatory law stipulate otherwise, the mandatory law provisions shall be interpreted as far as possible in line with the scope and intention of these general conditions.
b. Any dispute between the participant and Dopper should be brought before the Dutch courts, whether proceedings are instituted by the participant or by Dopper.
1. Kids of 8 to 12 years old who are resident in the Netherlands, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany or Nepal can take part in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior by:
2. When entering a submission for this challenge, the participants, parents and legal guardians state that all the information has been filled in truthfully.
3. All children that have signed up for this challenge with their own team need permission from a parent or legal guardian to take part in this challenge. This permission is granted by the parent or legal guardian by clicking on an approval link in the registration email.
4. You can take part between January 13 2020 and May 15 2020.
5. Participation is free of charge.
6. Each kid can enter one submission at most.
7. No rights may be derived from participating in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior.
8. The teaching materials used in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior have been developed in accordance with the ‘designathon method’ and are subject to intellectual property rights that belong to Designathon Works, the developer of this teaching method.
9. The teaching materials used in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior may not be altered or used for purposes other than participation in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior.
10. If you become aware that the teaching materials are being used for purposes other than the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior, you will immediately inform Dopper and/or Designathon Works.
11. Use of the teaching materials and participation in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior is at your own risk. Dopper and Designathon Works are not liable for any injury or damage suffered by a participant through the use of the teaching materials or through participation in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior.
Publication of submissions
12. The submissions (sketches) are and will remain the property of the participants.
13. Submissions will be published here on the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior website.
14. Published submissions will mention the team name, the names of the team members, their age (if filled in) and the name of the participating school and provide a brief description of the submission.
15. Dopper reserves the right to publish a selection of the entries on the Dopper Social media channels and its own website.
16. By participating in the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior you consent to the fact that your submission, together with the information referred to before, will be made public.
17. Children, parents and teachers are encouraged to share the submitted ideas on social media in order to attract votes to win a wildcard to reach the finals. Dopper is not responsible for sharing these data. This is the responsibility of the participants.
18. The finalists are selected from all participants who have uploaded their submission for this competition.
19. Dopper, together with a carefully selected jury, will choose the finalists.
20. Both teachers and parents/legal guardians will be notified at least one week before the finals if their children are selected.
21. Teachers/parents/legal guardians of children who are not selected for the finals will also be notified by email.
22. No correspondence can take place about the selection of the finalists.
23. The finals will take place on Saturday, 6 June 2020.
24. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
25. If finalists do not accept the invitation for the finals by May 25 2020 at the latest, or are unable to attend on the above date, Dopper will be entitled to nominate a replacement finalist.
After the finals
16. If possible, the winning entry of the finalists will be linked to an institution that intends to take the idea a few steps further. The idea will remain the property of the children from the winning team.
What if the rules change
28. Dopper may change the rules of the Dopper Changemaker Challenge Junior at any time.
29. If you wish to keep abreast of these rules, you can best check this page from time to time. If there is a major change, we will post this in our news items.
30. Dopper reserves the right to disqualify participants if they violate the general terms and conditions and/or are guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct in relation to other participants.
31. Teachers and parents/legal guardians declare that they agree with these general terms and conditions when their children participate in this competition.
32. If you have any questions and/or remarks, please contact this website’s editors via the contact page.